I am a qualified Therapeutic Counsellor and am Accredited and Registered with the BACP (The British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists) and adhere to their code of ethics and principles, which is in place to ensure therapists are working responsibly and ethically. More information can be found on their website www.bcap.co.uk. I am also a Psychotherapist in advanced training and a member of UKATA (UK Association for Transactional Analysis) who monitor standards of competence and ethical practice for TA practitioner’s (www.uktransactionalanalysis.co.uk) and a trainee member of UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy).
I have over 10 years of counselling experience working with people through difficult times in their lives. I offer a safe confidential environment and a warm and non judgemental approach. I have over 4 years experience as a clinical supervisor and have worked with trainees, newly qualified counsellors through to very experienced practitioners. Also supporting therapists through their accreditation application.
My back ground is in child development and working with children and families in stressful and traumatic circumstances. My counselling training then led me to work with young adults in University settings and now with adults in my private practice in Bingley and also in the NHS in local GP’s surgeries.
I am committed to ongoing training and development and believe it is vital for me to continue to learn and grow as a Therapist to ensure I am being the best I can be, for my clients.
Training and qualifications
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy. The TA Training Organisation (currently)
- Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis. The TA Training Organisation (2018)
- Counselling for Depression/ Emotion Focused Therapy. York St Johns university (2016)
- Diploma in Counselling Supervision. Leeds Centre for Psychological Development (2015)
- BACP Accreditation (2014)
- HE Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling. Leeds Metropolitan University (2010)
- Transactional Analysis 101. Bradford University (2009)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills. Park Lane College (2006)
- Diploma in Childhood Studies. Shipley College (2000)